Welcome to the Technology Lab!
We are very proud of our outstanding lab, in which students learn to use technology effectively and responsibly.
We are a Google Apps for Education school, and our 5-8th grade students have 1:1 Chromebooks.
Our current Tech Curriculum includes the following:
- Comprehensive typing instruction, including numeric keypad, with students completing the course by the end of third grade.
- Coding (computer programming) using Code.org, Scratch, and other visual programming languages. We participate in the International Hour of Code.
- Internet Safe Search, internet safety, cyberabuse awareness, identity protection.
- Mapping, global positioning systems, Geocaching, and Travel Bugs.
- Digital photography and digital image manipulation, including Photoshop.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and elementary computer graphics.
- Creation of materials for interactive whiteboards.
Technology classes for 5-8th grade students are held three times weekly, while K-4th graders attend twice each week.
St. Gregory’s #1 School in Missouri 7th Grade #1 Class in Missouri Sabrina Olsen #1 Student in Missouri (#45 in USA) First-Third grades were recognized for their class achievements and have celebrated with a Free Day in Technology, as well as a Movie & Popcorn in their classroom. This was the first year of competition…
Sixth grade Travel Bugs have all moved out, and many are out of Missouri now. We have 45 bugs active (current students + alumni) — Track them all Kingergarten students are devouring the pre-typing curriculum, and they are continue to practice good instruction-following. It is pretty hard to trick them because they are good listeners,…
Wow! Our Travel bugs have been kicking dust this summer, traveling to and from Europe, Asia, and Australia, as well as within our own 50 states! We have rejoiced over the return of several “Missing in Action” bugs, including several that have been missing for more than a year. Of special interest is the return…