Welcome to the Technology Lab!
We are very proud of our outstanding lab, in which students learn to use technology effectively and responsibly.
We are a Google Apps for Education school, and our 5-8th grade students have 1:1 Chromebooks.
Our current Tech Curriculum includes the following:
- Comprehensive typing instruction, including numeric keypad, with students completing the course by the end of third grade.
- Coding (computer programming) using Code.org, Scratch, and other visual programming languages. We participate in the International Hour of Code.
- Internet Safe Search, internet safety, cyberabuse awareness, identity protection.
- Mapping, global positioning systems, Geocaching, and Travel Bugs.
- Digital photography and digital image manipulation, including Photoshop.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and elementary computer graphics.
- Creation of materials for interactive whiteboards.
Technology classes for 5-8th grade students are held three times weekly, while K-4th graders attend twice each week.
We had a productive year in technology classes, and I’m planning even more interesting things for next year, including coding and maybe even a bit of robotics! Track your travel bugs at www.geocaching.com. You do not need your password to just check on the bug’s progress. Remember your safety depends on using knowledge and wisdom…
Our 6th grade students will see their Travel Bugs launched (if all goes well) on Saturday, August 24, at the KC Area Geocaching Picnic. This will be the first time we launch bugs at an Event Cache. Learn more about Travel Bugs at The 8th grade class announces the assignment of Yearbook Class Captains: Preschool:…
Here are two links that will help Falcons over the summer: MATHLETICS Our license has been renewed (Thanks, PTO) so all students 2nd grade and higher can access Mathleticsanywhere, anytime over the summer. Be sure to check out the new Apps for Mobile Devices (iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, and a growing list of Android devices)…