Last week the students worked on a variety of activities. They learned about church leaders in religion. The kids were fascinated when we looked at a map of the United States showing the different dioceses/archdioceses. They didn’t realize there were that many and that each one has it’s own bishop or archbishop!
The students continued to learn about different communities in social studies. So far they have learned about urban and suburban communicates. This week they will finish learning about communities by learning about rural communities. They have been making communities book to help them identify the similarities and differences between each community.
Our communication arts unit this past week had a variety of skills. We focused on compound words for spelling, pronouns for grammar, and identifying the main idea and details with our reading stories. The students are very excited about our new reading unit because it is all about animals! We will have four more weeks with stories about animals!
As we look to this coming week we have a couple of important things to remember. Please check the information below.
- Stations of the Cross – We will be attending Stations of the Cross led by the 4th graders at 1:45 pm. You are welcome to join us.
- No School/ No SACC on Friday – There won’t be school on Friday since the teachers have a professional development day in Kansas City.
- End of the 3rd Quarter is this Thursday.
- Spelling Menu due Thursday – Since we don’t have school on Friday the Spelling Menu will be due on Thursday. Students will only have to do three days. However, students can choose to do an extra activity for extra credit. This would be the last chance for third quarter.
- Reading Minutes – Students will still need to read 20 minutes on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday even though we don’t have school. Whether we have school or not students always need 100 minutes total (20 minutes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then 2o minutes over the weekend).
Have a great week,
Important March Dates
7th – K-4 Mass (Petition – Corbin); Stations of the Cross led by 4th grade at 1:45 pm
8th – End of 3rd Quarter
9th – No School (Diocesan PD Day)
11th – Daylight Savings Time Begins
12th – Pizza Ranch Fundraiser from 5 pm to 9 pm
14th – K-4 Mass (Reader – Gracyn Hoover; Response – Grace; Petition – Jarrick; Song Leaders – Luke and Casey; Servers – Vivian, Tate, and Lila);
15th – Stations of the Cross led by 5th grade at 8:45 am
21st – K-4 Mass
22nd – 8th Grade Play
23rd – 8th Grade Play; Stations of the Cross led by 3rd Grade at 1:10 pm
28th – 6th Grade Stations of the Cross
29th – 8th Grade Holy Thursday Re-enactment; Holy Thursday activities for FFF; early dismissal at 12:30
30th – No School – Good Friday
Important April Dates
1st – Easter
2nd – No School/No SACC (Easter Monday)
3rd – School resumes
4th – K-4 Mass
6th – Mrs. Casteel gone (Mrs. Starke subbing)
9th through 12th – IOWA Testing – third grade will be taking these this year
11th – K-4 Mass
13th – Grandparents/Special Friends Day; 4th Quarter Midterm
18th – K-4 Mass
20th – FFF Mass; Accreditation Mass (Please have students wear St. Gregory’s shirts and be at school by 7:30 am); Tate’s Birthday
25th – K-4 Mass
26th – Crunch for a Cause 5 to 7 pm
Important May Dates
2nd – May Crowning FFF Mass (third graders are responsible for the Mass roles – Moms/Grandmothers are requested to join us for this Mass)
3rd – End of the Year Field Trip for 3rd and 4th Graders to Kansas City
4th – No School/No SACC
8th – Music Program at 7 pm
9th – K-4 Mass
11th – 8th Grade Graduation at 7 pm