Welcome to the Technology Lab!
We are very proud of our outstanding lab, in which students learn to use technology effectively and responsibly.
We are a Google Apps for Education school, and our 5-8th grade students have 1:1 Chromebooks.
Our current Tech Curriculum includes the following:
- Comprehensive typing instruction, including numeric keypad, with students completing the course by the end of third grade.
- Coding (computer programming) using Code.org, Scratch, and other visual programming languages. We participate in the International Hour of Code.
- Internet Safe Search, internet safety, cyberabuse awareness, identity protection.
- Mapping, global positioning systems, Geocaching, and Travel Bugs.
- Digital photography and digital image manipulation, including Photoshop.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and elementary computer graphics.
- Creation of materials for interactive whiteboards.
Technology classes for 5-8th grade students are held three times weekly, while K-4th graders attend twice each week.
As your students enjoy their summer, please remind them to use good citizenship and be safe while using devices and video games. They’ve learned good techniques in class, but parents are the best models and reminders! A few notes: Students may continue to use their accounts on Code. org and Scratch. Check travel bugs on…
Students are welcome and encouraged to complete activities on Code.org during the summer. They may continue to use the account they use at school, so they will not lose any progress! ***** Students who have just completed grades 5-8 should just go to Code.org and log in with your username and password. ***** Students who…
We had a productive year in technology classes, and I’m planning even more interesting things for next year, including coding and maybe even a bit of robotics! Track your travel bugs at www.geocaching.com. You do not need your password to just check on the bug’s progress. Remember your safety depends on using knowledge and wisdom…